Annapolis Landing is a diverse community of 248 single-family homes located on Beard’s Creek off the South River just outside of Annapolis and convenient to both Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Save August 20 for the 3rd Annual Neighborhood Progressive Dinner sponsored by the Women's Club. Open to all Annapolis Landing residents.
More details and a signup sheet will follow in the near future, but for now save the date.
For those who are not familiar with it, here's the plan.
- It will be a 3-course meal - an appetizer course at 5:30, a main course at 7:00, and a dessert course at 8:45, each at different host locations in the neighborhood.
- You will be asked to be a host, a co-host, or a happy participant.
- The number of host locations for each course will depend on how many commit to participating and how many the hosts can accommodate.
- Participants can sign up as couples or as singles and will be assigned to host locations for each course trying to mix it up so they will be with different friends and neighbors during the evening.
- There will be no set menus - each host will determine their own.
- Each appetizer host will need a co-host to assist by bringing a few appetizers.
- Each dinner host will need a co-host to assist by bringing the salad and/or another side to accompany the host's main course.
- The dessert course will be at one common location so that we can all be together at the end of the evening. Helpers will be needed to assist the dessert host by preparing and taking a dessert.
Our neighborhood features tree-lined and lighted streets with sidewalks, underground utilities, naturally wooded areas, lots of open ground and two well-equipped playgrounds. Benches and picnic tables are located throughout the community and there is a private waterfront park with a multi-purpose dock, boat ramp, marina with slips for 62 boats of varying sizes, transient pier, and racks for storing up to 42 dinghies, kayaks and canoes.
We are a friendly neighborhood with activities geared towards both adults and children. Every year the Annapolis Landing Homeowner’s Association (ALHA) sponsors an Easter-egg hunt, a back-to-school social, a family movie night and a Halloween party. There is an active Women’s Club which coordinates monthly happy hours for the grown-ups and runs a Welcoming Committee. Throw in the Spring sock burning at our waterfront park, spur-of-the-moment get-togethers with friends, community clean-up days and neighborhood self-help projects, and you can see why we love to live here.